Slow Cooker Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks in juice
- Cooked rice
- Sesame seeds
- In slow cooker crock, combine brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic and ginger. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add chicken, onion, peppers and pineapple and juice. Stir to coat chicken with sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 1/2 hours or LOW for 3 hours.
- Serve over rice. Garnish with sesame seeds.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.