- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F.
- Place one layer of wings into the fryer basket and carefully lower basket into the preheated oil. Deep fry chicken wings in oil until done, about 10 minutes. Remove from fryer, drain on paper towels.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add hot sauce and garlic powder. Stir until blended.
- Add fried chicken wings to sauce and stir over low heat to coat. The longer the wings simmer in the sauce, the spicer they will be. Remove from sauce and serve while warm.
* TEST KITCHEN TIP: The classic Buffalo Chicken Wings recipe calls for Franks® Red Hot® Cayenne Pepper Sauce which is the brand we used when testing this recipe.