Download the PDF (1.4MB)
It is hard to find a person who does not like ice cream but, believe it or not, they exist. They may not understand the rest of the world's obsession when it comes to ice cream. There is nothing better than a cool scoop of ice cream on a hot summer day or an ice cream cone during a quick lunch break. Ice cream is a feel-good food and, while many of us eat it, there is probably a lot you don’t know about ice cream.
- Can you believe that 1.53 billion gallons of ice cream were produced in 2011, just in the United States alone? That would be enough to fill 30,000 bathtubs with 50 gallons of ice cream.
- The U.S exports ice cream to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean, generating $10 billion.
- Per capita, the American ice cream industry produces 20 quarts.
- Ice cream is obviously a summer treat so making it follows a seasonal track with production starting in early spring and slowing in early fall.
- Have you ever wondered how many licks it takes to consume a single-scoop cone? Well the answer is a shocking average of 50 licks.
- According to the International Ice Cream Association, Vanilla is the most popular flavor. Chip Mint and Cookies and Cream were other top favorites.
Make Your Own Ice Cream
There is a common misconception that making ice cream is hard. The truth is that it requires very little effort if you have the proper tools. One of those tools would be an ice-cream maker. All you have to do it simply mix the ingredients of the ice cream recipe together and pour the mix into the ice cream machine. Then you can sit back and let the machine do the work for you. Making ice cream does not have to be a hard project and it makes a simple and delicious dessert.
Hamilton Beach offers a variety of Ice Cream Makers, including a 1.5 Quart Capacity Ice Cream Maker and plenty of delicious recipes for your ice cream maker.