Fresh & Spicy Salsa
Course: Appetizers, Dressings, Sauces, Marinades
Products: Food Processors
Fresh & Spicy Salsa is the perfect addition to a Cinco de Mayo party. To read more about planning your celebration visit our Everyday Good Thinking Blog.
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 hot pepper (jalapeno or finger hot), stem removed
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup cilantro, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and coarse black pepper to taste
- Hot sauce, optional
- Using chopping/mixing blade and with processor running, drop onion, garlic clove, and hot pepper through the food chute and chop until finely minced. Scrape bowl as needed. Stop processor.
- Add tomatoes, cilantro, cumin, lime juice, salt and black pepper. Pulse until desired texture is reached, scraping bowl as needed. Add hot sauce if desired.