Fried Okra with Smoky Dipping Sauce
Course: Side Dishes
Products: Deep Fryers
Smokey Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 2 pounds okra, tops cut off, halved lengthwise
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- In small bowl, add mayonnaise, ketchup, spicy brown mustard, honey and smoked paprika. Stir until blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Pour oil into deep fryer and preheat to 350°F.
- Place okra and eggs in large bowl, toss until okra is well coated.
- In large resealable plastic bag, add panko bread crumbs, flour, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Seal bag and shake.
- Add half of the okra to bag. Seal bag and shake until okra is well coated.
- Place a single layer of okra in deep fryer basket and cook for 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining okra.