Ginger Cookie Stix
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cookie icing
- Colored sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine shortening, sugar, molasses, egg, and vanilla. Beat on MEDIUM speed until smooth.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt. Mix on LOW speed until blended.
- Drop large spoons of cookie dough on lined baking pan. Use a sheet of parchment paper to press cookie dough evenly into pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Do not overbake. Cool on a wire rack before cutting.
- Cut into sticks or break into pieces.
- Drizzle with colored cookie icing and sprinkle with sugar crystals, if desired.
Serves: 3 dozen