Course: Soups, Stews and Chili
Products: Slow Cookers
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound andouille sausage, cut in 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups quick cooking rice
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker except shrimp and rice. Stir well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours HIGH for 4 hours.
- Stir in rice and shrimp.
- Cover and cook for an additional 15 minutes or until shrimp is opaque and rice is tender.