Black Cat Cupcakes
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
Recommended Hamilton Beach Product: Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Chocolate Frosting
- 32 mini candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1 tube orange decorating frosting
- 1 tube purple decorating frosting
- 2 large chocolate bars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and unsweetened cocoa. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat until they are pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add vanilla, flour and milk. Beat until combined.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Use a small round decorating tip to make facial features and whiskers.
- Add small candies for eyes. Break chocolate bars into small pieces for ears.
Nutritional Information: (Serving size: 1/16 of a recipe [2.1 ounces].)
Calories 164.42 • Calories From Fat (25%) 40.61 • Total Fat 4.62g 7% • Saturated Fat 2.64g 13% • Cholesterol 32.41mg 11% • Sodium 140.83mg 6% • Potassium 103.07mg 3% • Total Carbohydrates 30g 10% • Fiber 1.62g 6% • Sugar 19.64g • Protein 3.16g 6%