Products: Juice Extractors
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Juice Extractors
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons finely minced onion
- 3/4 cup flour
- 2.5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pulp of 1 carrot
- 4.5 cups milk, heated
- 1 pound American cheese, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in 2.5-quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook and stir until onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook and stir for 3 minutes on low heat. Do not brown. Slowly stir in chicken stock.
- Add mustard and carrot pulp and hot milk.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add sliced cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.