- Season meat cubes with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet (or stovetop safe slow cooker vessel) over medium heat. Brown chicken in batches, using additional tablespoon of oil if necessary. Remove browned chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet (or stovetop safe slow cooker vessel) and add onions, cooking onions until translucent and slightly browned.
- Add chicken to onions, then add 1 cup chicken stock and combine.
- Pour contents into crock and top with thyme springs. Cover and place crock into slow cooker base.
- Cook on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 3 hours.
- After cooking time has elapsed, in separate bowl, combine softened butter with flour.
- Add butter and flour mixture to crock, then remaining chicken stock and stir until stew is thickened.
- Stir in sliced carrots and cook on LOW for 1 hour or HIGH for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook biscuits according to package directions and serve with stew.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 7 oz.) Calories: 270 • Total Fat 14 g • Saturated 6 g • Cholesterol 55 g • Sodium 600 mg • Carbohydrates 19 g • Dietary Fiber 3 g • Sugars 5 g • Protein 17 g
Note: This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.