Grilled Romaine Salad with Creamy Caesar Dressing
Course: Salads, Dressings, Sauces, Marinades
- 3 anchovies
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- For dressing, place anchovies, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper in blender.
- Blend until mixture is creamy.
- Add mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and oil to blender. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Slice head of romaine lettuce in half lengthwise through root end. (Root end will help hold romaine together.) Use wooden skewers to hold lettuce leaves together, if necessary.
- Spray romaine with nonstick cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil. Place romaine halves on grill.
- Grill 2 to 4 minutes each side until romaine is charred and slightly wilted.
- Drizzle dressing over grilled romaine. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and croutons.
Test Kitchen Tip: For thinner dressing add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.