North Carolina Pork Barbecue for 5-6 Qt. Slow Cooker
Course: Main Course
Products: Slow Cookers
- 2 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 pork butt, shoulder or blade roast (3 to 4 lbs.)
- Combine apple cider vinegar, sugar, Worcestershire sauce, crushed red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place pork in crock. Pour 1 cup vinegar mixture over pork. Set aside remaining mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 hours or LOW for 10 hours.
- Pork is done when it falls apart if lifted with a fork. Remove meat and discard bone.
- In a small saucepan, bring remaining vinegar mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Serve with pork.
- Shred meat with a fork. Serve on buns with coleslaw.