Old-Fashioned Vanilla Ice Cream for 1.5-Qt Ice Cream Maker
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Ice Cream Makers
- 1 3/4 cups (425 ml) whole milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon (.625 ml) salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- In heavy saucepan, combine milk, sugar, and salt.
- Cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until mixture is steaming. Reduce heat to low.
- In medium bowl, slightly beat eggs.
- Slowly whisk half of the hot mixture into the eggs and pour back into saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat until slightly thick, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to freeze, stir in heavy cream and vanilla into the chilled custard mixture.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid. Churn for 20-40 minutes or until desired consistency.