Apple Twist Muffins
Course: Breakfast Foods
Products: Juice Extractors
- Pulp of 4 medium carrots
- Pulp of 1 large apple
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries or raisins
- Juice carrots and apple to get pulp. Put into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, applesauce, oil, milk, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and cranberries. Mix thoroughly. Add carrot and apple pulp and mix until blended.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 400°F 20 to 25 minutes.
Test Kitchen Tip: Substitute 1 cup of pulp left from juicing fruits or vegetables for the carrot and apple pulp recommended in this recipe.