Course: Breakfast Foods
Products: Blenders, Skillets and Griddles
Buttermilk pancakes gives you that heartwarming feeling and we love to use it as a base for our favorite pancake mix-ins.
- 2 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat griddle to 350°F or a nonstick skillet or pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
- Add buttermilk, milk, eggs and butter first to blender, then add remaining ingredients.
- Blend approximately 30-40 seconds on HIGH or until smooth. Some air bubbles will begin to form in the batter.
- Pour batter onto heated griddle, skillet or pan using about 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter per pancake. When bubbles can be seen evenly across the pancakes, flip pancakes.
Serves: 24 (medium pancakes)
Test Kitchen Tip: Add mix-ins such as fruit or berries, chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruit for fun varieties of pancakes.