- Combine flour, salt and chilled butter pieces in food processor bowl.
- Pulse the mixture several times JUST until the butter is processed into pea-sized pieces. Do not over-process.
- Add ¼ cup of ice water through feed tube and process JUST until dough begins to come together. Add additional ice water as necessary. Small butter pieces should still be visible in dough.
- Remove dough from bowl and divide in half, forming two discs about one inch thick. Wrap in plastic and place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before rolling out.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Pre-bake the crust by lining the pastry crust with nonstick aluminum foil or buttered foil. Place the foil buttered or nonstick side down. Fill with pie weights or dry beans to about 3/4-inch deep.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove foil and beans.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Continue baking pastry until light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool.
Makes: 1 double crust or 2 single crust pies
Test Kitchen Tip: Pie crust can be refrigerated or frozen for later use.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 2 oz. or Crust of 1 slice of Pie) Calories: 180 • Total Fat 11 g • Saturated Fat 7 g • Cholesterol 30 g • Sodium 150 mg • Carbohydrates 17 g • Dietary Fiber 0 g • Sugars 1 g • Protein 2 g