Grilled Angel Food Cake with Strawberries
Products: Outdoor Gas Grills
- 1 angel food cake, purchased or home baked
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Whipped cream
- Slice angel food cake horizontally into 2 rings.
- Stir orange juice and butter in a small bowl; brush both sides of pound cake slices evenly with mixture.
- Preheat grill to LOW heat or GRILL ZONE (YELLOW).
- Grill pound cake slices 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Slice into servings. Top with strawberries and whipped cream
Test Kitchen Tip: Try grilling different fruits to pair with the angel food cake such as pineapple, peach, nectarine or mango.