Slow Cooker Baked Beans
Course: Side Dishes
Products: 5 Quart Slow Cookers
- 1 bag (16 ounces) dried Northern beans, rinsed
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) cola
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a slow cooker crock, add beans and 6 cups cold water. Cover and soak overnight. Drain beans and place back in crock.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon; drain and chop. Add onion and garlic to skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add onions, bacon and remaining ingredients to beans in crock. Stir until well blended.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours or until beans are cooked and sauce has thickened.