- Season beef with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Place bacon in skillet (or stove-top safe slow cooker cookware) and cook over medium-high heat until bacon begins to brown. Using slotted spoon, remove bacon and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Cook onion and garlic in bacon fat over medium-high heat until soft and aromatic. Remove to same bowl as bacon.
- Add 1 teaspoon of oil to skillet and brown beef in batches, using remaining oil as necessary. Add browned beef to bacon and onion mixture and set aside.
- Over medium-high heat, deglaze pan by adding red wine. Stir until boiling, scraping up brown bits.
- Add beef broth, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Remove from heat and add beef, bacon and onion mixture as well as carrots and mushrooms. Stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to slow cooker cookware (or keep in stove-top slow cooker cookware) and place in slow cooker base. Cover and cook for 4 hours on HIGH, or 8 hours on LOW.
- Finish by stirring in chopped parsley or use as a garnish.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 6 oz.) Calories: 250 • Total Fat 17 g • Saturated 7 g • Cholesterol 50 g • Sodium 390 mg • Carbohydrates 17 g • Dietary Fiber 1 g • Sugars 4 g • Protein 15 g