Hamilton Beach - Good Thinking®
Beef Stew in Red Wine
Course: Main Course, Soups, Stews and Chili
Products: Slow Cookers
- 3 pounds beef stew cubes
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, broken into pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2 packets onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 (16 oz.) bag carrots, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut in eighths
1. Place beef in slow cooker crock. Stir in tomatoes, beef broth, wine, onion soup mix, basil, salt and pepper until well blended.
2. Add potatoes, carrots, mushrooms and onion.
3. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or LOW 10 hours until meat is tender. Stir before serving.