Cajun Veggie Gratin
Course: Side Dishes, Heart Healthy
Products: Food Processors
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced in food processor
- 1 red onion, sliced in food processor
- 6 plum tomatoes, sliced in food processor
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, such as Panko
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, chopped finely in food processor
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spray 8x8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sliced zucchini and onion. Cook 3 to 4 minutes until beginning to soften.
- Add sliced tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cook mixture, stirring gently, 8 to 10 minutes until all vegetables are softened and heated through. Place vegetable mixture in prepared pan.
- Combine breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese and Cajun seasoning and spread evenly over top of vegetables.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until topping is brown and crispy.
Serves: 8Nutritional Information:
(Based on Individual Serving: 1 Cup) • Calories: 180 • Total Fat: 3.5g • Saturated: 1g • Cholesterol: 5mg • Sodium: 640mg • Carbohydrates: 31g • Dietary Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 4g • Protein: 7g