Yield: 6 servings
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 envelope (1.5 oz.) beef stroganoff sauce mix
- 1 (5 1/2 - 6 pound) whole chicken
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Combine vegetables and sauce mix in the crock.
- Sprinkle seasonings on the chicken. Place the chicken in the crock over the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours. The best guide to doneness is a meat thermometer. It should register 165°F in the breast or 175°F to 180°F in the thigh. To measure temperature, insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the breast or thickest part of the inner thigh, avoiding bone.
Recommended Products: Slow Cookers