- Rinse corned beef and place in 5-6 quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle pickling spices over meat.
- Cover with water, replace lid and cook on low for 10 hours or high for 5 hrs.
- When done, remove corned beef and cover to keep warm.
- Place cabbage into remaining liquid in slow cooker and cook on high for about an hour.
Test kitchen Tips:
- To serve, cut corned beef across the grain and plate over cabbage.
- Serve with spicy brown mustard or horseradish, if desired.
Note: Pickling spices can be found in the spice isle of major grocery stores.
Serves: 6 to 8