Course: Side Dishes
Products: Food Processors
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Food Processors
- 4 pounds all-purpose white potatoes, about 15 medium
- 3 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 small onion
- 1&1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Scrub the potatoes but do not peel. Place in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes or until done. Refrigerate overnight.
- Using slicer/shredder disc, shredding side up, grate the potatoes. It is not necessary to peel them.
- Using S-blade, finely mince onion.
- Place grated potatoes, half-and-half, onion, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and stir to mix.
- Put butter in a 9x13-inch baking dish and rotate dish to coat. Spoon in potato mixture. Bake for 1 hour.