Fall Pumpkin Cupcakes
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
- 1 can (15 oz.) pureed pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- Orange food color
- Coarse sugar or orange sprinkles
- 16 pretzels or pieces of green licorice twists
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, eggs and vegetable oil.
- Add flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and salt. Stir until blended.
- Fill muffin tins 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool.
- Tint frosting orange. Frost cupcakes; roll in coarse sugar.
- Add a pretzel stick or piece of licorice for the stem.