Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Ice Cream Makers
Recommended Ice Cream Maker Size: 1.5 Quart
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In medium saucepan, beat together eggs, milk, sugar, honey and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick and reaches at least 160ºF (71ºC).
- Cool quickly by placing pan in ice or cold water and stirring for few minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to freeze, mix whipping cream and vanilla into the chilled custard mixture.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid. Mixture will be thick; using a mixing bowl with a pour spout would be ideal when using this recipe.
- Churn 20 to 40 minutes or until desired consistency.
Test Kitchen Tip: To Use this Recipe with 4 Qt. Ice Cream Maker, triple all ingredient measurements. Pour into canister. Follow instructions for 4 Quart Ice Cream Maker.