Grilled Portabella and Peppers Sandwich
Products: Outdoor Gas Grills
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Outdoor Grills
- Wood chips
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 portabella mushrooms, cleaned
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 red bell pepper, halved, seeded
- 4 Kaiser rolls, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 (8 ounces) mozzarella, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 16 fresh spinach leaves
- Soak wood chips in water at least 1 hour.
- Stir balsamic vinegar, oil and garlic in a small bowl. Place mushrooms in a glass baking dish; drizzle with vinegar mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE).
- Drain wood chips; place in Smoke Station drawer.
- Grill mushrooms and peppers covered, 6 to 8 minutes on each side until cooked through and peppers are slightly charred. Place rolls cut side down on grill 1 to 2 minutes until toasted.
- Stir mayonnaise, basil, oregano and black pepper in a small bowl; spread 1 Tablespoon on each bottom half of rolls. Top each with mushroom, red pepper, mozzarella slice, spinach and top half of roll.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 1/6 of recipe)
• Calories: 225 • Total Fat: 6.25g • Saturated: 2g • Cholesterol: 0g • Sodium: 853mg • Carbohydrates: 38.7g • Dietary Fiber: 2.4g • Sugars: 3.4g • Protein: 6g