Test Kitchen Tips:
- Place rice in a bowl and pour in enough boiling water
to cover the rice. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator overnight, (6-8
hours). Strain the water from rice and rinse well. Place the Strainer Basket into the blender jar and press firmly into place.
- Place water, milk and soaked rice into blender.
- Cover and blend until liquefied, about 1 minute.
- Add sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Pulse until sugar is completely dissolved.
- With lid and strainer basket in place, pour into ice-filled glass or pour into pitcher and chill.
Horchata can be stored in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days. Shake well before using
For blending in traditional blenders, blend until liquefied, then strain out pulp and seeds using a soup strainer into a pitcher.