Party Crock Shrimp Scampi with Couscous
Course: Main Course, Heart Healthy
Products: Food Choppers, Slow Cookers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product:
Party Crock, Ensemble™ 3 Cup Chopper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, more for garnish if desired
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red chili pepper
- 1 pound medium size raw shrimp, if frozen, thaw according to package instructions
- ¾ cup dry whole-wheat couscous
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place red pepper, parsley, ginger, garlic, olive oil, wine, chicken broth, lemon juice and crushed red pepper in slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Add shrimp to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 ½ hours, or on LOW for 2 ½ hours or until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Add couscous and salt, stir to combine, and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes more or LOW for 1 hour more.
- Stir shrimp and couscous gently to combine. Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley.
for more information about internal food temperatures and doneness. Nutritional Information:
(Based on Individual Serving: 6 oz.)
• Calories: 170 • Total Fat: 3g • Saturated: 0g • Cholesterol: 115g • Sodium: 330mg • Carbohydrates: 14g • Dietary Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 1g • Protein: 18g Serves: 6 Note:
This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.