Course: Side Dishes
Products: Food Processors
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup matzo meal or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Using shredding blade, with food processor running, add potatoes to food chute. Process until shredded. Use paper towels to squeeze shredded potatoes until very dry.
- Stir shredded potatoes, onion, egg, matzo meal and pepper in a large bowl until well blended.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, carefully add latkes to preheated oil. Cook about 3 minutes on each side until crispy and golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Serve with sour cream or applesauce, if desired.