Rocky Road Ice Cream
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Ice Cream Makers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: 1.5 Qt.Ice Cream Maker
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) whipping cream
- 1 ounce (25 g) semisweet chocolate square
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pecans (optional)
- In heavy saucepan, combine cocoa powder and sugar.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to freeze, mix whipping cream, salt, and vanilla extract into the chilled mixture.
- Start ice cream maker and pour mixture through hole in lid.
- After 15 minutes of churning, add coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate and pecans.
- Continue to churn for 15-25 minutes or until desired consistency.
- Stir in marshmallows.
This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.