Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
Course: Dressings, Sauces, Marinades, Main Course
Products: Slow Cookers
- 1 roasted chicken carcass
- 4 medium carrots, peeled, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 sprig each fresh thyme, rosemary, basil and parsley
- 8 cups water
- Place chicken carcass in slow cooker crock.
- Arrange carrots, celery, garlic and onion around chicken. Add bay leaf and sprinkle with peppercorns.
- Tie herbs together to make a bouquet garni. Place on top of chicken and vegetables.
- Pour water over ingredients in crock.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on HIGH or 6 to 7 hours on LOW.
- Strain mixture into a large measuring cup or bowl with a spout.
- Serve immediately or freeze in serving-size portions.
Makes: 6 cups