Spicy Turkey Burgers with Avocado and Shallot Relish
Course: Main Course, Sandwiches
Products: Outdoor Gas Grills, Food Processors
- 1 small shallot, halved
- 1 small tomato, halved and seeded
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons spicy steak seasoning
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Add shallot to food processor bowl; pulse until minced. Reserve half of the chopped shallot.
- Pulse tomato and cilantro until chopped. Stir in avocado, oil, juice, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
- Combine turkey, reserved shallot and seasoning until well blended. Form into 4 patties.
- Preheat grill to 450°F or set on SEAR.
- Place burgers on grill. Grill 10-12 minutes, turning halfway through or until meat thermometer registers 165°F.
- Top each bun with refirgerated avocado relish.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: For food safety, turkey must reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.