Spicy Turkey Burgers with Fennel & Shallot Relish
Course: Main Course, Heart Healthy
Products: Indoor Grills, Food Processors
This was made inactive due to the look and taste of the turkey burger. The turkey burgers were pale and dense with the bread and crumbs added to it. 4/17/14
- 1 pound fat free, ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning, spicy
- ½ slice 100% whole wheat bread
- ¼ cup nonfat milk
- ½ fennel bulb, cored and cut into 1 inch pieces
- ½ small shallot, cut in half
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small tomato, cored, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red chili pepper flakes
- Tear bread into small pieces and, in a small bowl, combine with nonfat milk. Set aside.
- In separate bowl, combine ground turkey with Montreal steak seasoning.
- Add bread and milk mixture to turkey mixture and combine well. Form into 6 patties.
- Pulse shallots in chopper until coarsely chopped.
- Add fennel pieces to chopper and pulse with shallots until coarsely chopped. Remove to small bowl.
- Add tomato and parsley to chopper and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add chopped tomato and parsley to fennel mixture.
- Stir olive oil, lemon juice and freshly ground pepper into relish. Set aside.
- Grill or broil turkey burgers until internal temperature reaches 160° degrees F. Place cooked burgers on toasted whole-wheat buns, top with Fennel & Shallot relish. Serve immediately.
Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information about internal food temperatures and doneness.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 4 oz.) • Calories: 290 • Total Fat: 5g • Saturated: 0.5g • Cholesterol: 45g • Sodium: 460mg • Carbohydrates: 30g • Dietary Fiber: 5g • Sugars: 6g • Protein: 34g
Note: This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.