Vietnamese Egg Rolls
Course: Appetizers, Side Dishes
Products: Deep Fryers
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3 medium mushrooms, diced
- 1/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of seasoning salt
- 1/3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 bag egg roll wrappers
- 1 bag of angel hair pasta (Vietnamese clear type)
- Soak pasta in hot water until soft, rinse under water and drain. Dice mushrooms, carrots and onion into small pieces. Mix meat, mushrooms, carrots, onion, salt, pepper, seasoning salt, sugar and egg together.
- Place approximately 2 tablespoons of filling in the middle of each wrapper, spreading out but not getting too close to the edges. Brush edges with egg. Fold one corner in just beyond center. Fold corners on either side into center, overlapping one another slightly. Then roll down remaining corner to form cylinder. Cover with damp cloth.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Fry egg rolls, three at a time, until wrappers are crisp and golden brown. Drain on paper towels, serve warm.
Substitutions: Replace pork with 1 (6-ounce) can of drained crab meat or 1/2 pound cooked salad shrimp.