Roasted Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Balsamic Dressing
Course: Salads, Side Dishes
Products: Blenders, Ovens
Crunchy walnuts, creamy goat cheese, tangy balsamic vinegar, and juicy oranges team up with roasted beets for a salad like no other. Roast beets the
night before and you can have this on the table in no time. Read more about roasting beets on our Everyday Good Thinking blog.
- 2 pounds fresh beets, trimmed
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 package (14 oz.) mixed salad greens
- 2 large oranges, peeled, sectioned and cubed
- 1 container (4 oz.) crumbled goat cheese
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- To roast beets, place each trimmed beet on a square of aluminum foil. Brush the beets with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Wrap the beets and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until beets are tender.
- Remove beets from oven and let stand 10 minutes to cool. Peel beets by rubbing the skin with a paper towel. Chill and cut in cubes.
- To make dressing, add 1/2 cup olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to jar of a single-serve blender. Blend until smooth.
- On salad plates arrange salad greens, beet and orange cubes. Sprinkle with goat cheese and walnuts. Drizzle with balsamic dressing.