Roasted Red Pepper Marinara Sauce
Course: Dressings, Sauces, Marinades
Products: Slow Cookers
- 1 (32 ounce/900 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce/170 g) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup (125 ml) roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) each salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 4 hours.
Replace tomatoes with Italian-seasoned tomatoes and omit seasoning.Serving Tip:
Serve over angel hair pasta (or your favorite pasta) and top with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.