Smoked Gouda Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
Course: Main Course, Kid Friendly
Products: Toaster Ovens, Food Processors
- 1 (4 oz.) French baguette, torn
- 6 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed parsley
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (16 oz.) corkscrew or elbow pasta
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1 package (8 oz.) extra sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 package (8 oz.) smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using S-blade with food processor running, drop bread, 1/2 of the bacon and parsley into food chute. Process until finely chopped. Gradually add melted butter; process until crumbs form. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions for al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Gradually add flour, whisking until smooth, about 1 minute. Slowly add milk, stirring 8 to 10 minutes until mixture is thickened and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cheeses, remaining bacon and Creole seasoning until cheese is melted. Fold in pasta.
- Pour mixture into 11x7-inch baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with breadcrumb mixture.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crumbs are browned and mixture is heated through.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: If using a countertop oven, place baking dish on the bottom rack to bake.