Spicy Whole Wheat Tortilla Strips
Course: Appetizers, Quick and Easy, Breads, Heart Healthy
Products: Ovens, Toaster Ovens
- 2 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- With pizza cutter, slice tortillas into thin strips and place on baking sheet.
- Combine ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper and ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne.
- Drizzle olive oil over strips and toss with tongs. Sprinkle strips with combined spices and toss again with tongs until well coated.
- Bake in oven for 8 minutes, tossing once, until browned and crispy.
Serve with Sausage, Lentil & Bean Soup.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 1 Small Handful) • Calories: 70 • Total Fat: 2.5g • Saturated: 0g • Cholesterol: 0mg • Sodium: 100mg • Carbohydrates: 9g • Dietary Fiber: 2g • Sugars: 0g • Protein: 2g Serves: 6 Note:
This recipe was developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.