Strawberry Spinach Salad with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette
Course: Salads, Dressings, Sauces, Marinades
- 1 cup orange juice
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 6 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 to 6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 large oranges, cut in sections
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut in thin rings
- 1/2 cup glazed sliced almonds
- Place orange juice, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, onion, herbs, zest, pepper and salt in personal blender.
- Blend until ingredients are chopped and thoroughly combined. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Arrange spinach leaves, strawberries, oranges and red onion slices on salad plates.
- Garnish with sliced almonds. Drizzle with Orange Balsamic Vinaigrette.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: There is no need to pre-chop the herbs. The blender will chop and combine ingredients. Refrigerate remaining dressing in the personal blender container. The pour spout on the travel lid of the blender makes it convenient for dressings and marinades.