Course: Soups, Stews and Chili, Main Course
Products: Slow Cookers
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- Two 15 oz. cans light red kidney beans, drained
- Two 15 oz. cans Mexican style stewed tomatoes
- Two 4 oz. cans chopped green chilies
- One 15 oz. can corn, drained
- Two 15 oz. cans beef broth
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In large pan, brown beef and drain fat.
- Add onions, red pepper, garlic, chili powder, oregano, salt and cayenne to meat in pan. Cook until onions and peppers are softened.
- Place meat mixture in slow cooker.
- Add kidney beans, tomatoes, green chilies, corn, and beef broth. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.
- Garnish with tortilla chips and cheddar cheese before serving.
(Based on Individual Serving: 8 oz.)
• Calories: 260 • Total Fat: 11g • Saturated: 4g • Cholesterol: 30mg • Sodium: 670mg
• Carbohydrates: 25g • Dietary Fiber: 5g • Sugars: 5g • Protein: 16g Serves: 20