Course: Dressings, Sauces, Marinades
Products: Indoor Grills
- 2 large ripe red tomatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds), cored, seeded,
- and diced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoons peeled and diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 slices crusty French bread, cut diagonally, about 3/4-inch thick
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil, basil, red onion, garlic, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes but not
longer than 2 hours.
- Brush both sides of bread slices with remaining olive oil; place on the grill. Grill for 4 to 5 minutes or until the bread is lightly toasted and golden on both sides, turning once.
- Stir tomato mixture; top each bread slice with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the tomato mixture. Serve immediately.