- In a large mixing bowl, combine yeast and water. Stir until dissolved. Add milk, butter, honey, and salt. Stir until mixed.
- Add whole wheat flour and 1 cup of all-purpose flour and mix* until blended. Add enough of the remaining flour and continue kneading until dough forms a smooth ball that is slightly sticky to the touch.
- Place dough in large, greased bowl and cover with a towel. Let rise until double in size, about an hour.
- Punch dough down and shape into loaf. Place loaf into 9x5-inch greased loaf pan and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
5. Bake in 350°F oven about 35 minutes.
Use mixer equipped with dough hooks.