Sausage and Potato Omelet
Course: Main Course, Breakfast Foods
Products: Waffle Bakers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: The Breakfast Master™ Skillet and Waffle Maker
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 Tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup bulk sausage
- 1/4 cup diced hash browns
- 2 Tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pepper
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat Breakfast Master with skillet grids on Skillet (MEDIUM) heat.
- Beat eggs, sour cream, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add sausage; close cover and cook 2 minutes. Drain fat if necessary.
- Add potatoes, onion and pepper to sausage. Close cover and cook 2 minutes.
- Pour egg mixture over potato mixture. Close cover and cook 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese and remove from skillet.
TIP: Reduce calories and fat by substituting egg substitute for eggs, reduced fat or fat free sour cream for regular sour cream and reduced fat or fat free Cheddar cheese for regular Cheddar cheese.