Slow Cooker Lowcountry Boil
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 4 ears corn-on-the-cob, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice from 1 medium lemon
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 pound medium (16-20 count) shrimp with shells
- In a slow cooker crock, combine sausage, potatoes, corn, onion, 1/4 cup seafood seasoning, black pepper and lemon juice. Pour in beer.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or LOW for 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- In a small bowl, toss shrimp with remaining 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning. Add shrimp to crock and cook for 20 to 30 minutes until shrimp are pink and no longer translucent.
Test Kitchen Tip: To prevent shrimp from overcooking, check potatoes to ensure they are fork tender before adding shrimp.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.