Warm Butternut Squash and Quinoa Salad
Course: Salads, Side Dishes, Heart Healthy
Products: Blenders, Rice Cookers, Food Processors
This salad can be served as a main dish or a side and is great as a leftover the next day. For Quinoa tips, visit our Everyday Good Thinking Blog.
- 1 1/2 lbs. butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning, divided
- 1 small onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot mango chutney
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 cups shredded kale
- 1 cup shredded radicchio
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 15x10x1-inch baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add squash, oil and 2 teaspoons Jamaican Jerk Seasoning; stir until squash is coated.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Add onion and garlic to food processor bowl. Pulse until chopped.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon Jamaican Jerk Seasoning and remaining Dressing ingredients to food processor bowl.
- Process until blended.
- Toss squash, dressing, kale, radicchio and quinoa in a large bowl until blended.
- Sprinkle with walnuts before serving, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip: Quinoa can be cooked in a rice cooker. Use 1 cup quinoa with 2 cups of water.