- Cooks while you are away
- No watching or stirring
- Perfect size for 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast
- Removable, dishwasher-safe stoneware crock & lid
- Wraparound element for even heating
- Change the design anytime
- Five wrap sets included
- Included wrap sets have 2 pieces for the front & back of the slow cooker
- Side-mounted controls with warm, low and high settings
- More wrap designs online at www.hamiltonbeach.com
Great at home and for entertaining
The Wrap & Serve™ Slow Cooker works impressively well for family dinners, parties and potlucks. Easily handle a 6 lb. chicken or a 4 lb. roast with the 6 quart stoneware crock. A wide variety of foods can be accommodated with the oval-shaped stoneware. The control knob has been moved to the side of the slow cooker, so you can show off your favorite pattern. The designs look great on any buffet, countertop or serving table.
Personalize your slow cooker
The popularity of slow cooking continues to grow, and many people prefer having stylish and festive patterns in their kitchens or on a buffet table. With the Wrap & Serve™ Slow Cooker, you can quickly and easily refresh the look of this versatile appliance to match any occasion, season or celebration. More designs are available online: visit www.hamiltonbeach.com
to view and purchase additional patterns and designs.
Birthdays, holidays or every day
Whether it’s a birthday party, holiday gathering, family reunion, or just a weeknight dinner, your slow cooker can look great. Each Wrap & Serve™ Slow Cooker includes five unique wraps to customize the look depending on the occasion. Simply slide the wraps in and out to change the look. Additional patterns available online include holidays, birthdays, seasons, sports, bridal and baby shower. The five included wrap sets have two pieces for the front and back of the slow cooker.
Cooking side dishes or dessert
Main courses, soups and one-pot meals are not the only things slow cookers are great for preparing. They are also perfect for making side dishes and desserts, especially when your main oven is full. Check out the recipes found at www.hamiltonbeach.com
that were developed and tested by the culinary experts in the Hamilton Beach Test Kitchen.
A slow cooker is great for foods that are not naturally tender, such as meat with a lot of connective tissue. These are the less-expensive cuts but also the most flavorful. Like braising, slow cookers tenderize meat gradually as it cooks. If you choose cuts such as chuck roast, pork shoulder, short ribs or chicken thighs, you won't be disappointed with the results. If fat is an issue, refrigerate the contents after cooking and skim off the extra fat before serving. Note: you must thaw frozen meat and poultry before adding it to the slow cooker.
Slow cooking tips
If you're not familiar with slow cooking, there are a few things you should know. First, how high you fill the crock (sometimes called the insert, stoneware, cookware, or vessel) is important. To prevent overcooking, the crock should be filled half-full to no more than one inch from the rim. If cooking soups or stews, leave a 2-inch space between the top of the crock and the food so the recipe can come to a simmer. Secondly, if you lift the lid during cooking, your cooking time will increase due to heat loss. Unless your recipe specifically calls for stirring, resist lifting the lid. Last but not least, if you want to store leftovers after cooking, divide leftovers into smaller containers and place in the refrigerator.
Beef Roast with Vegetables
- 3 to 4-pound bottom round beef roast
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut in wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 16 baby red potatoes
- 4 large carrots, peeled, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- Season beef roast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown roast well on both sides. Transfer to crock.
- Surround roast with potatoes and carrots. Pour beef broth over all and top with thyme sprigs.
- Cover and place cookware on slow cooker base. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 8 hours.
- Remove roast to serving platter. Discard thyme sprigs. Using slotted spoon, remove vegetables to serving platter with roast. Cover with foil to keep warm.
Serves: 10 to 12
Dimensions (inches): 9.8 H x 17.2 W x 11 D