Almond and Banana Cream Treats
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 package (10 ounce) marshmallows
- 1 box (3.4 ounce) banana cream instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/2 light corn syrup, divided
- 1 box (9 ounces) rice cereal
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (12 ounce) white chips
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Line a 17x12-inch baking pan with foil and spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt 1/2 cup butter. Add marshmallows, instant pudding and 1/4 cup corn syrup. Stir until marshmallows are melted and mixture is blended, about 5 minutes.
- Add cereal, then stir until cereal is coated.
- Press mixture into prepared pan. Cool.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat heavy cream, corn syrup and 1 tablespoon butter until butter is melted and mixture is hot.
- Remove from heat, then add chips and almond extract.
- Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, 2 minutes. Spread over cereal and sprinkle with almonds. Cut into squares.
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.