- Wood chips, soaked in water at least 1 hour
- 2 sheets (18x24-inches each) 18-inch wide heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs (about 3 pounds), cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE).
- Center half of ribs in single layer on each sheet of aluminum foil. Combine brown sugar and seasonings; rub over ribs, turning to coat evenly.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and one end to seal packet. Through open end, add 1/4 cup water. Double fold remaining end, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make two packets.
- Place rib packets in covered grill and grill 45 minutes. Remove ribs from grill and open foil.
- To start SmokeStationtm: Drain wood chips; fill SmokeStation drawer about ½ full. Turn burners beside SmokeStation to MEDIUM. Turn remaining 2 burners to LOW.
- Place ribs on grill grate over burners that are LOW. BRUSH ribs with barbecue sauce. CONTINUE GRILLING 15 to 20 minutes, brushing with sauce and turning frequently.
- Add wet wood chips as needed on top of wood chips to keep smoke going without flames or use a spray bottle of water set on the stream setting to wet wood chips.
Serves: 5 to 6
Stay up-to-date on the hottest food trends with our blog, discover a new favorite dish with recipes from our Test Kitchen, access your account, and so much more.
Join over 100,000 people who receive weekly emails with recipes, coupons and more!
THIS IS NOT A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.