Bacon Corn Muffins
Course: Kid Friendly, Breads
Products: Toaster Ovens
- 1 1/4 cups self rising cornmeal mix
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- Preheat toaster oven to 425°F on CONVECTION setting.
- Stir cornmeal mix, buttermilk, bacon, butter and egg until blended.
- Spoon batter into lightly greased muffin pan, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes on wire rack; remove.
Test Kitchen Tip: For a crispy bacon muffin, omit bacon from the batter and sprinkle over muffins before baking.